Are you looking for a dentist to do high quality dental crowns in Albuquerque? Look no further, we’ve got you covered! Dr. Rose can help create custom crowns to fit your specific dental needs.
A crown is a permanent covering that fits over an original tooth that is either decayed, damaged, or cracked. Cosmetic crowns can also be used to change the size, shape, and color of teeth. Dental crowns are made of a variety of different materials such as porcelain, gold, acrylic resin or a mix of these materials. Dr. Rose will prescribe the best type of crown your specific dental needs.
The treatment plan for a patient receiving a crown involves:
- Numbing the tooth.
- Removing any decay or repairing any damage the tooth has suffered.
- Re-sculpturing the tooth to provide an ideal fit for the new crown.
- Making an impression or digital scan of your teeth in order to create a custom-made crown (usually two weeks).
- You will leave with a temporary crown made out of acrylic resin. You will wear the temporary crown during the interim period while the permanent custom-made crown is being created.
- Applying the permanent crown (when received from the lab) by removing the temporary crown and fitting the permanent one onto the tooth.
- After ensuring that the crown has the proper look and fit, Dr. Rose cements it into place.
This process generally consists of 2 visits over a two to three week period. Cosmetic crowns will include additional office visits and other necessary appointments.
Call us at (505) 296-5544 to schedule a crown consultation and see what type of crown Dr. Rose would recommend for you.