When it comes to cool, no one knows better than dentists. So take it from your friendly neighborhood dentist, teeth are just about the coolest thing in the world. Think about it. Who is the most popular kid in your school? He has great teeth, doesn’t he? He is also a patient at Dr. Rose Dentistry. These things aren’t coincidences.
In order to spread the cool, we are going to share some super cool facts about teeth. Let’s do it!
1. Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the entire human body, and the hardest enamel is on the top surface of your teeth. That’s why they are so great at munching and chewing.
2. Teeth are like fingerprints. No two people have the exact same set of fingerprints or teeth. That makes you a special, unique snowflake. Never forget it. And take care of your teeth!
3. The average mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough saliva to fill two swimming pools. Please don’t do that though, that would be pretty gross.
4. One third of each tooth is hidden under your gum, making them kind of like icebergs but not really.
5. Humans have four different types of teeth, canines, incisors, molars, and premolars. They are each specially designed for cutting, tearing, or grinding food.
6. Plover Birds love flying into the mouths of crocodiles to clean their teeth. Crocodiles don’t eat them because getting a free tooth cleaning is a pretty sweet deal. This is not recommended for humans.
7. You have been lied to your entire life. George Washington didn’t actually have wooden teeth. However, he did have multiple sets of dentures made from ivory, animal teeth, and metal. But not wood. Feel free to call up your teachers and correct them.